Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Joyeux Anniversaire

So this weekend, my friend Kevin got to pick a place to go to. Why? It was his 21st birthday!! So what did we do? We went to Paris, France to celebrate with food, wine, chocolate, architecture, museums, and all that comes with that gorgeous city. It was a pretty legit 21st birthday, if I do say so myself. I am so glad that I got to celebrate with him this year! My housemate Angela and I left Madrid on Friday morning to meet with Kevin and Spencer to begin all the festivities. Can I just say that Paris is one of my all time favorite cities?! It is absolutely beautiful, the air is crisp and clean, and the trees were changing colors. Can't really get any better than that....OH WAIT. Yes it can. Wanna know why? Because the food is SO GOOD. (Notice a pattern in this blog? I love food. In case that wasn't clear. But it's not just me! We all do!) We're going to do this blog picture style again. I'll add some commentary along the way. Cappish? 


We just had crepes. And I actually made a normal face. What the heck!

Kevin and Spencer are taking Greek mythology classes in England, and they also had an Egyptian art class at UCSD. So, we were all excited to explore the Lourve. Then we found out that we got to go in for free!!! Gotta love being a student in Europe.



Then we went to this AMAZING French restaurant. It was only the beginning of the gazillion things that Spencer could blog about. There is a lot of weird food in France. But what's even weirder is that it's ALL good. Kevin had rabbit. Spencer had duck. I had scallops. And Angela had steak. But let's be honest, since we were in Paris, Kevin's birthday celebration was kiiiiind of extended to the whole weekend. And you can't go to Paris without seeing the Eiffel Tower. Add in some chocolate and wine, and you've got yourself a classy birthday.

Diamond lights come on every hour!
The next morning, we woke up and went to Montemarte. Hands down my favorite area in the city. 




Then we went to a huge flea market, and I finally got my piece of artwork that I have been wanting to get since the last time I was in France! I got an old antique photo. Then we got lunch. Best falafel of my LIFE. And then we saw the Notre Dame. Angela pretended to have a hunchback. Best thing ever.



Then gelato. Of course. But it was the prettiest gelato I have ever had!!

Flower Powerrrrrrrr.

Yum. 
Arc de Triomf. Another classic. We awkwardly stood in the middle of traffic to take some of these pictures. We're going to work that tourist card for all it's worth!


We then tried Escargot. I really really like it! Don't judge me. 

Happy Birthday Kevin!!!

It was so much fun getting to hang out with Angela, Kevin, and Spencer this weekend. Each one of them has been such an unbelievable blessing to me.   Having such wonderful friends is proof of Jesus's love for me! I am so proud of each of them. We are all learning how to listen to God better. We are all learning what it means to be interrupted by Him. We are all learning what it means to love others because of Him. What a glorious blessing it is to go through this season of life together. 

PS: as much as I absolutely LOVE traveling, I also love getting to come home to this: 

He can (kinda) say my name now! He calls me "Aneeeece"





2 comments:

Jaime said...

you went to paris!? ssuuuwweeeeeeett. you tried escargot!? ssuuuuuuwwweeeeeeeeeeet-er. ive always wanted to try it. maybe when you get back we can find some in tays backyard and try it, because im pretty sure tay would be down.

janice said...

hahah!! Done.

Post a Comment