Tuesday, November 16, 2010

felíz cumpleaños a mi hermanita preciosa!

Today is my little host-sister Lorena's birthday. She turns 6 years old today! Que grande. This past Saturday, her parents threw her an awesome birthday party at the park. It was 7 hours long. 7 HOURS. I know. To say that we were exhausted afterwards is an understatement. But it was a perfectly warm and sunny day (soooooo great because it is FREEZING here now), and the park was massive. The family reserved some tables so we decorated the area like crazy with the color pink and loads of balloons. The birthday party was pretty much the same as what an American kid's birthday would have been. Presents, food, and cake. That's the good stuff. It was such a blessing to be a part of this special day. We got many besitos (kisses) from the birthday girl...so I think she had a pretty good time.


My wonderful, beautiful host-mom and I

Lorena didn't want to get into the picture

Quique, my host-dad AND the best professor I have 

Valle, my host-mom

Multiply this by about 287 and then you have the park


Lorena the birthday girl!

Spanish kids are JUST as loud as American kids

I just LOVE my host-brother

It's not a birthday without cake.

My favorite picture. Of. All. Time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment