Tuesday, November 9, 2010

it's an underrated country

It still blows my mind, that I'm in a different country almost every weekend. Travelling is exhausting, but SO SO SO worth it. This time, Angela and I took another trip together, along with our friend Meghan. We took an overnight bus to Lisbon, Portugal. To be honest...before thet trip, I knew absolutely nothing about Portugal. Other than the fact that they speak Portuguese...and maybe a few facts here and there from history class. It was the first trip where I had absolutely no idea what to expect. But I was definitely excited. Everyone that had come back from Lisbon before said that it was a beautiful city that was a MUST see.


After a dramatic bus ride (some girl left her purse with her passport and money at a rest stop and then proceeded to flip out on the driver, and THEN the woman sitting behind me threw up), we FINALLY get to Lisbon and check into our hostel (which, by the way, was the best hostel I've stayed in so far). Let me tell you, the city was even more wonderful than what was described to us. First we went to a beautiful park near the Basilica.


My beautiful friend Meghan and I

See the Basilica??

We decided to just explore Lisbon for the day, so we bought a metro pass and went all over the place. Lisbon is built upon 7 hills, so there are lots of lookout points with amazing views.



Then the next day, we took a quick train trip up to Sintra. Sintra is a little city outside of Lisbon that has a ton of castles everywheree...and they are ALL beautiful! I really wish we had more time there.





Palacio de Pena





This country is SO gorgeous. It just reminded me of how wonderfully creative God is, and what a blessing it is to see something so natural and untainted. GO VISIT IF YOU CAN!

0 comments:

Post a Comment