Thursday, September 2, 2010

I am bad at goodbyes. And titles.

The time has finally come! Since I can’t take everyone in my life with me to Spain, I decided to make this blog so that you can join in on the adventures. Also, because my mother asked me to...I think she just wants to know that I am alive, healthy, normal...you know, the works. She told me that she’s always going to be checking up on me until the day I die, even if I leave the country...so I figure I’d just accept it. (HI MOM!) 
Well, I am all packed (for real) and I’ve got a passport with my face on it in one hand and the boarding pass in the other. Bright and early tomorrow morning is the day. It is absolutely unreal. To be honest, I don’t think it will hit me that I am going to be in the lovely city of Córdoba until I return home. But that’s alright, it’s just going to add on to the fun of it all. 
I have enjoyed relaxing these last few weeks in Huntington Beach, and I am so grateful for the time I was given to reconnect with old friends and family before leaving. And just so you know, one of THE most amazing church families can be found at Hope Chapel Huntington Beach. They are all so wonderful and each person there is an absolute blessing to me. After some amazing send-off prayers, I know that I am most definitely ready to go. (Can’t really leave without those!) I am crazy excited for what is to come and for the lessons I am sure to learn. This past school year, I entered in with expectations for specific things I was so sure that God was going to teach me. And He blew me out of the water with something completely different. (What else is new.) As I’ve told some people already, this time, I figure that I’d do my best to let Him do His thing without me getting in the way. (Not that I’d be able to stop Him or anything...) I’ve decided to be expectant of something great, but to let God choose what that something great is going to be. I will leave it at that for now. Here I go!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Janice, here i am making true on my promise to check up on you!

Post a Comment