Saturday, September 4, 2010

bienvenido a España!

I am here! Safe and sound. After a total of about 19 hours of traveling, I arrived at Hotel Selu in Córdoba. It was a long journey, but an easy one (including the smoothest plane landing ever into Madrid), for which I was so grateful for. I arrived a day before orientation. Later today, I will meet everyone in my program, and tomorrow we will be meeting our host families. After taking some placement tests, we will all begin classes on Thursday. Oh, by the way....all of my classes are in Spanish. I know right!? My abilities to speak this language are fairly close to non existent....if you don’t believe me, the people that I had to talk to along the way would probably confirm that statement enthusiastically haha. I really am looking forward to learning Spanish though. (Also, according to SOME people, I’m not allowed to come back unless I am fluent....right Taylor?)

Since I am here early, I’ve had some time to do some exploring by myself. It is still tripping me out that I’m in Spain, but from the little bit that I have seen, I know I’m just going to love it more and more each day. As I’m on my own, I have just been people watching like crazy. My first dinner here was on a Saturday night, so there were lots of couples out. If you’ve ever watched the movie Date Night, you know that Tina Fey and Steve Carrell played a game where they would make up stories about each couple. That movie was fresh in my mind since I watched it on the plane, so I DEFinitely did the same thing. It’s funny to see how people interact in various cultures, both in similarities and in differences. But as much fun and rejuvenating it is to be alone sometimes, I am really looking forward to the rest of the group being here. It is really strange to travel on my own, but even so, 
God’s faithfulness has been so present. Even in the tiniest of details, it is so clear that He has been right next to me the entire way. I am confident that it will stay that way. It kinda has to...without Him, I’d be screwed. 
For tomorrow. Next prayer request. Dear Jesus, please help me find a gelato shop!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hi honey! glad you made it okay! i'm still so excited for you! just keep doing what you're doing and enjoy every moment b/c it will go by quickly! i love you and i'm always praying for you! mmmmm...that gelato looks awfully good!

blessings,
mrs. k

Post a Comment